Get Job Ready
- Computer Classes & Workshops – Instructor led classes focus on computer basics, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, plus job readiness. Additional workshops and seminars focus on related job skills topics: resumes, interviewing skills, online applications, business writing, professionalism in the workplace, social media, skills employers are looking for, goal setting, banking/finance, internet security, tablets and cell phones, and more.
- Forklift/Job Readiness – Classroom instruction and hands-on operation are included in this one-day class. OSHA Certification and a Certificate of Completion are awarded upon successful completion of the class. Job Readiness is included as part of the forklift training program.
For more information on forklift training, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-Learning – Online classes cover topics in computers, customer service, life skills, job skills and a variety of other topics.
- Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program (HVRP) – Designed to assist homeless veterans by providing training, support services, and job referral opportunities with employers in central Illinois.
- Goodwill Veterans Employment Program (GW-VEP) – This program provides training, support services, and job referral opportunities for honorably discharged U.S. Military veterans.
- Veterans Benefits – a V.A. Accredited Claims Agent is available by appointment to answer your specific questions.
- GoodGuides® Youth Mentoring – This program serves at-risk youth ages 12-17 in central Illinois by giving them a positive influence through the guidance of a trusted mentor.
- Goodskills Teen Workshops – These programs serve all area youth with life and career related experiences.
- GoodSkills Traveling Workshops – Like our GoodSkills teen workshops, but our staff brings the experience to your classroom or organization. Workshops are for ages 11 to 17.
- The Retail Project – Students ages 14-18 get hands-on work experience at a Goodwill store.