A Necessary Sacrifice
We owe our armed service people a supreme debt of gratitude. They sacrifice years of their lives to protect us, both at home and abroad. However, they often require help to reintegrate into society once they return. While they are able to get assistance from the federal and local government, they far too often require additional help that cannot be publicly provided. Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois offers veterans’ services in Canton, IL and throughout the region. We strive to help local veterans achieve success once they return home.
The Services We Provide
Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois offers a variety of veterans’ services. Whether it’s medical assistance, job training, or a reliable support network, we give veterans the tools to get back on their feet and build a stable life. Here are a few of the services we provide:
- General Wayne A. Downing Home for Veterans – Opened in Peoria in 2005, the Home for Veterans gives area veterans the comfortable living space they might not otherwise have. The ten-bedroom facility is the only one of its kind in the state, and provides intensive holistic treatment options for many issues veterans face, including PTSD, substance abuse, job placement, and general medical care.
- Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program – The HVRP, started in 2009 with a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor, expedites the reintegration of homeless veterans into society. Open to all veterans with a non-dishonorable discharge, the program aims to:
- Reduce the barriers preventing veterans from finding and maintaining stable and consistent employment.
- Provide access to resources that make entrance into the workforce easy.
- Create a community network for veterans so that can move from homeless and jobless to working and living comfortably.
The Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program is available in Fulton, Peoria, and Knox counties, as well as throughout Central Illinois. More information is available through our main site here.
- Goodwill Veterans Employment Program – Through the GWVEP, the same benefits of the HVRP are also extended to honorably discharged vets who are in a stable living situation.
- Employment Services Center – Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois also provides additional services outside of our veterans programs. Our Employment Services Centers help people broaden their practical knowledge. Centers are located in Galesburg, Peoria, and Pekin, and offer classes in job, technology, and life skills. More information can be found here.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois is proud to offer veterans’ services in Canton, IL! We are committed to helping Washington’s veterans live comfortable lives. It’s our responsibility to support those who have given much of themselves to support us and our livelihood. For more information on veterans’ services Goodwill provides in Canton, Peoria, East Peoria, Washington, Pekin, Galesburg, Morris, Peru, Kewanee, and Macomb, visit our website, call us at (309) 682-1113 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!