A Necessary Sacrifice
Those who serve in the U.S. armed forces maintain our way of life. They sacrifice much to protect us, both at home and abroad. However, they often need critical help to reintegrate into society once they return. While they are able to get assistance from the federal and local government, they far too often require additional help that cannot be publicly provided. Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois offers veterans’ services in Morris, IL and throughout the region. We want to give veterans the help they require to achieve success once they return home.
Veterans’ Services We Provide
It is very difficult for homeless veterans in Central Illinois to make a living. Some room with friends and family, while some spend their days in homeless shelters. The most unlucky ones find themselves living on the streets or wherever they can find space. Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois works in a variety of ways to help the veterans of Morris, IL, whether they need job training, living and medical assistance, or a reliable support network.
- General Wayne A. Downing Home for Veterans – Opened in Peoria in 2005, the Home gives area veterans the comfortable living space they might not otherwise have. The ten-bedroom facility is the only one of its kind in the state, and provides intensive holistic treatment options for many issues veterans face, including PTSD, substance abuse, job placement, and general medical care.
- Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program – The HVRP, started in 2009 with a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor, expedites the reintegration of homeless veterans into society. Open to all veterans with a non-dishonorable discharge, the HVRP aims to:
- Reduce the barriers preventing veterans from finding and maintaining stable and consistent employment.
- Give veterans access to resources that make entrance into the workforce easy.
- Create a community network to move veterans from homeless and jobless to working and living comfortably.
The Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program is available in Grundy, LaSalle, and Livingston counties, as well as throughout Central Illinois. More information is available through our main site here.
- Goodwill Veterans Employment Program – The benefits of the HVRP are also extended to honorably discharged non-homeless veterans.
- Employment Services Center – Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois also provides additional services outside of our veterans programs. Our Employment Services Centers help people broaden their practical knowledge. The centers are located in Peoria, Pekin, and Galesburg, and offer classes in job, technology, and life skills. More information can be found here.
Contact Us Today for More Information!
Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois is proud to offer veterans services in Morris, IL! We are committed to helping the veterans of Morris succeed. It’s our responsibility and duty to support those who have given much of themselves to support us and our livelihood. For more information on veterans’ services Goodwill provides in Morris, Kewanee, Peru, Peoria, East Peoria, Pekin, Washington, Canton, Macomb, and Galesburg, IL, visit our website, call us at (309) 682-1113 or email us at email@example.com!