A Necessary Sacrifice
Our servicepeople are essential to maintaining our way of life. They sacrifice years of their lives to protect us, both at home and abroad. However, they often require help to reintegrate into society once they return. While they are able to get assistance from the federal and local government, they far too often require additional help that cannot be publicly provided. Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois offers veterans’ services in Galesburg, IL and throughout the region. We want to give veterans the help they require to achieve success once they return home.
Veterans’ Services We Provide
Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois offers a variety of services to Galesburg, IL veterans, whether they need job training, living and medical assistance, or a reliable support network. Here are the services we provide throughout Central Illinois:
- General Wayne A. Downing Home for Veterans – Opened in Peoria in 2005, the Home for Veterans gives area veterans the comfortable living space they might not otherwise have. The ten-bedroom facility is the only one of its kind in the state, and provides intensive holistic treatment options for many issues veterans face, including PTSD, substance abuse, job placement, and general medical care.
- Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program – The HVRP, started in 2009 with a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor, expedites the reintegration of homeless veterans into society. Open to all veterans with a non-dishonorable discharge, the HVRP aims to:
- Reduce the barriers preventing veterans from finding and maintaining stable and consistent employment.
- Give veterans access to resources that make entrance into the workforce easy.
- Create a community network to move veterans from homeless and jobless to working and living comfortably.
The Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program is available in Knox, Peoria, and Fulton counties and throughout Central Illinois. More information is available through our main site here.
- Goodwill Veterans Employment Program – Veterans with a stable living situation still experience difficulty with work and reintegration. Through the GWVEP, we extend the benefits of the HVRP to non-homeless veterans who have been honorably discharged.
- Employment Services Centers – Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois also provides additional services outside of our veterans programs. Our Employment Services Centers help people broaden their practical knowledge. The centers are located in Galesburg, Peoria, and Pekin, and offer classes in job, technology, and life skills. More information can be found here.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois is proud to offer veterans’ services in Galesburg, IL! We are committed to helping Washington’s veterans live comfortable lives. It’s our responsibility and duty to support those who have given much of themselves to support us and our livelihood. For more information on veterans services Goodwill provides in Galesburg, Peoria, East Peoria, Pekin, Washington, Canton, Macomb, Morris, Peru, and Kewanee, IL, visit our website, call us at (309) 682-1113 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!