A Necessary Sacrifice
We owe our armed forces veterans a debt of gratitude. They sacrifice years of their lives to protect us, both at home and abroad. However, they often require help to reintegrate into society once they return. While they are able to get assistance from the federal and local government, they far too often require additional help that cannot be publicly provided. Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois offers veterans’ services in Macomb, IL and throughout the region. We want to give veterans the help they require to achieve success once they return home.
Veterans’ Services We Provide
Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois works in a variety of ways to help the veterans of Macomb, IL, whether they need job training, living and medical assistance, or a reliable support network.
Here are a few of the veterans’ services we provide throughout Central Illinois:
- General Wayne A. Downing Home for Veterans – Opened in Peoria in 2005, the General Wayne A. Downing Home for Veterans gives area veterans the comfortable living space they might not otherwise have. The ten-bedroom facility is the only one of its kind in the state, and provides intensive holistic treatment options for many issues veterans face, including PTSD, substance abuse, job placement, and general medical care.
- Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program – The HVRP, started in 2009 with a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor, expedites the reintegration of homeless veterans into society. Open to all veterans with a non-dishonorable discharge, the HVRP aims to:
- Reduce the barriers preventing veterans from finding and maintaining stable and consistent employment.
- Give veterans access to resources that make entrance into the workforce easy.
- Create a community network to move veterans from homeless and jobless to working and living comfortably.
The Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program is available in McDonough, Fulton, and Knox counties, as well as throughout Central Illinois. You can find more information here!
- Goodwill Veterans Employment Program – The benefits of the HVRP are also extended to honorably discharged non-homeless veterans.
- Employment Services Centers – Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois also provides additional services outside of our veterans programs. Our Employment Services Centers help people broaden their practical knowledge. Employment Services Centers offer classes in job, computer and life skills, and are located in Peoria, Pekin, and Galesburg, IL. For more information, click here!
Contact Us for More Information!
Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois is proud to offer veterans services in Macomb, IL! We are committed to helping veterans live comfortable lives. It’s our responsibility and duty to support those who have given much of themselves to support us and our livelihood. For more information on veterans services Goodwill offers in Macomb, Peoria, East Peoria, Pekin, Washington, Galesburg, Canton, Morris, Peru, Kewanee, IL, visit our website, call us at (309) 682-1113 or email us at email@example.com!