A Necessary Sacrifice
Those citizens serving in the U.S. armed forces help maintain our way of life. They sacrifice years of their lives to protect us, both at home and abroad. However, they often require help to reintegrate into society once they return. While they are able to get assistance from the federal and local government, they far too often require additional help that cannot be publicly provided. Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois offers veterans’ services in Kewanee, IL and throughout the region. We want to give veterans the help they require to achieve success once they return home.
The Services We Provide
Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois works in a variety of ways to help the veterans of Kewanee, IL, whether they need job training, living and medical assistance, or a reliable support network.
- General Wayne A. Downing Home for Veterans – Opened in Peoria, IL in 2005, the Home for Veterans gives area veterans the comfortable living space they might not otherwise have. The ten-bedroom facility is the only one of its kind in the state, and provides intensive holistic treatment options for many issues veterans face, including PTSD, substance abuse, job placement, and general medical care.
- Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program – The HVRP, started in 2009 with a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor, expedites the reintegration of homeless veterans into society. The program is open to all veterans with a non-dishonorable discharge and aims to:
- Reduce the barriers preventing veterans from finding and maintaining stable and consistent employment.
- Give veterans access to resources that make entrance into the workforce easy.
- Create a community network to move veterans from homeless and jobless to working and living comfortably.
The Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program is available in Henry, Stark, Knox, and Peoria counties, as well as throughout Central Illinois. More information on the program is available here.
- Goodwill Veterans Employment Program – We also extended the benefits of the HVRP to honorably discharged non-homeless veterans.
- Employment Services Centers – Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois also provides additional services outside of our veterans programs. Our Employment Services Centers help people broaden their practical knowledge. The centers are located in Peoria, Pekin, and Galesburg, and offer classes in job, technology, and life skills. More information can be found here.
Contact Us for More Information!
Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois is proud to offer veterans’ services in Kewanee, IL! We are committed to helping Kewanee’s veterans find success. It’s our responsibility to support those who have given much of themselves to support us and our livelihood. For more information on veterans’ services Goodwill of Central Illinois provides in Kewanee, Morris, Peru, Peoria, East Peoria, Pekin, Washington, Canton, Galesburg, and Macomb, IL, visit our website, call us at (309) 682-1113 or email us at email@example.com!